Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Blessings


Today is Easter and a special day for those who try and follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. It is a day of rebirth and thanksgiving. It is a day to count your blessings. I want to extend Easter blessings to those people who have touched my life and the lives of others.

My mother had me make Easter cards on the computer this year for everyone. I must have done close to 24 cards trying to find suitable graphics for each card. In the end Print Artist allowed me to do a different picture on the front of each card. Mother was thrilled and it took close to an entire color ink cartridge but she bought me the computer and it was the least I could do for her. She is a blessing in my life.


I am care giver for my Mom and to all care givers, like my brothers Reid and Jerry and sister-in-law Debi who cared for my late Aunt, blessings to you. Being a care giver is one of the most difficult and the most rewarding tasks in the world. To the friends who give me a shoulder to cry on both for real and on line I hope that all of your blessings are near you on this wonderful day. Life can be rough sometimes as a caregiver and it helps to have a support system. For all those who are mine thank you.


A special Easter blessings to Chaplain Steve who works at our local hospital. Money is tight and the hospital doesn’t pay his salary. We all contribute to the United Way to pay for his salary. He in turn is always there, always with a smile or a hug. He bought flowers to brighten up the hospital grounds. He does special services for Christmas and Easter for the staff. He suffered the loss of his Dad a couple of months ago and did so with dignity and grace. He is one of life’s beautiful people and he shares that beauty with all. I make sure I always do a special Easter picture and give it to him. He loves my art and encourages me to do more.


A special Easter blessing to my niece’s husband. Kevin married Bernadette and took on the responsibility of three children one of whom suffers from Asperger’s. He has done beautifully and has given my niece and the children a stable and a loving home which is something they never had with her first husband. He will be giving the children his name as he formally adopts them and for the first time in their lives they will have a father who is there for them, who loves them unconditionally, and who will not lie to them and who will give them the financial support they need and will never leave them homeless like their biological father did.


The President sent out a beautiful message addressing the religious celebrations this time of year. So Easter blessings to President Obama. He has the most difficult job in the world. He has responded with grace to attacks that are viscous and cruel. You can disagree with his politics but he is President of the United States and he should be treated with respect. Happy Easter to you Mr. President, Michelle, Malia, Sasha and of course Bo.


Happy Easter everyone and may all of Easter’s blessings be with you today.

No comments: