Sunday, December 13, 2009

Needing Patience


We have an icy rain slamming us. It woke me up last night and I needed to assure Merlin that he could stay cuddled up next to me and that we weren’t going to float away. After the frustration of my main printer breaking last night I have tried to load everything on the art computer and make it do extra duty. The CD/RW drives are being a bit flaky also but hopefully I can transfer what else I need over and get the Christmas cards and calendars finished over here. I don’t deal too well with this type of frustration.

Over the years I have learned more patience but I still have a long way to go. I still have a tendency to be one of those “God grant me patience and I want it now” sort of people. Today will be a day to force some patience on myself. The calendars and cards can only print so fast. The presents if they are to look nice need a little time spent on them for the wrapping to be pretty. You can’t rush ironing or you get scorch spots. “Slow and steady wins the race” but bribing yourself works better. To ensure that I don’t get too fidgety while waiting for things to print I bought myself an early Christmas present. I loved the Dan Brown book “The DaVinci Code” so I got myself the movie and its follow-up “Angels and Demons” to watch while working on Christmas things.

This picture is called “Winter’s Beauty” and I did it to remind myself that this season also has its beauty along with the cold.

No comments: