Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Making My Way Through the Coffee

It is one of those rainy mornings when my mind is jumping from subject to subject and not staying long on anything. I just grabbed that second cup of coffee. I need the caffeine to get going this morning for some reason.

 

One of the things I am remembering is five years ago today I was working at a job I loved and desperately trying to reassure patients that we would find a way to get their dialysis supplies to them. I really miss working with my patients and feel sorry that the company decided to self destruct and take away the quality of care that people such as myself were dedicated to giving. Corporate greed and stupidity in action.

 

I got a giggle yesterday when a person who had been a board member of where I work now for 28 years flat out told me that if everyone was as organized as I was then that place would function a whole lot better. Working in chaos is no fun that’s for sure.

 

It has brought home anew the transitory nature of life. It is hard to really plan my life because there are so many variables that I have no control over. I’m here for the sake of my mother. Her health and well being are the only real focuses in my life at the moment. The rest of my life is sort of on hold while she is alive which is fine with me.

 

It is a sleepy rainy day outside. It mirrors a sleepy person inside. Eventually I’ll get motivated and try and get the stories published and the art on line for sale. Right now I’ve decided though to take the pressure off myself and relax. I need to get the lungs in shape where I can breath properly. I need to destress about the job. Sometimes you need to realize that there is time in life where you can just relax with that cup of coffee. The world isn’t going anywhere and you do have time to dedicate to yourself once in a while.

 

The picture is called “Shelter From the Storm.”

 

No comments: