Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catching Up On the Quotes

"One cannot do good to the country by injuring himself or his family. Similarly one cannot serve the country by injuring the world at large." Mahatma Gandhi

"Love is life, hatred is death." Swami Vivekananda

"For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision. But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." Sanskrit proverb

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." Dalai Lama

"Whether one believes in religion or not, there is no one who does not appreciate love and compassion. Right from the moment of our birth, we are under the care and kindness of our parents; later in life, when facing the sufferings of disease and old age, we are again dependent on the kindness of others. If at the beginning and end of our lives we depend upon others' kindness, why then in the middle should we not act kindly towards others?" Dalai Lama

"We need to actively cultivate the antidotes to hatred: patience and tolerance." Dalai Lama

"Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values." Dalai Lama

Some nice thoughts above to get the old mind working. All of them resonate with me. I'll write more when I can think clearer when this sinus infection goes away and I'm not so drowsy. In the meantime the picture above was what I came up with that was inspired by the photograph I posted a couple of days ago. Ironically my Mom like my picture better then the photograph because she thinks it look more real.

No comments: