Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday. Friday

"Life is like a garden. Quite naturally, leaves wither and flowers fade. Only if we clear the decay of the past then and there can we really enjoy the beauty of the new leaves and flowers." Mata Amritanandamayi

"I get the impression that when people are not much interested in religion they also neglect values like compassion, a sense of sharing, a sense of caring - all the things people consider to be a religious message and reject. That's a mistake. These are secular ethics, not a religious message, and they are for everyone." Dalai Lama

A friend sent me the above photograph and entitled it The Day God Spilled the Paint. What a beautiful sentiment and a beautiful picture. I had to share the picture with everyone. I am going to play on my computer and see if I can do a picture with that theme.

A person that I least expected it from came to my defense today and quite pointedly called out to the Administration an injustice that had been done to me yesterday. I was touched by her sincerity and goodness. She really hit the nail on the head and put certain people on notice that the situation can not remain the way it has.

I really resonate to the Dalai Lama's quote. I have encountered people who profess to be atheists and against religion and they certainly have also thrown the decent qualities of compassion and caring out the window. They seem to think that a lack of personal belief in God gives them the right to be abusive. Their are also certain people who profess to be religious who do the same thing.

Whether you believe in God or not is a personal choice but regardless of your beliefs it doesn't change the fact that you are living with other human beings and theyall deserve to be treated decently. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is not just a religious suggestion. It applies to everyone.

No comments: