Monday, May 19, 2008

What A Compliment!

"The human soul travels from the law to love, from discipline to freedom, from the moral plane to the spiritual plane." Rabindranath Tagore

"No one can understand the sound of a drum, without understanding both the drum and the drummer." The Upanishads

I got the most wonderful compliment from my boss today. She asked how my weekend was and I told her busy. I had to go 28 miles to the nearest town with a Walgreen’s to get my Mom's medicines. Her mail order Walgreen’s had sent a prescription for one of her medicines and then found out from the manufacturer that the medicine was double was it was suppose to be so they sent her a letter by regular mail warning her which arrived almost 2 weeks after they had been informed. I had to get her the proper medicine and we couldn't wait for the mail order. Considering that this dosage is potentially lethal you would think they would call wouldn't you?

Any way my boss said that she hoped she was as active as my Mom when she gets to be her age and if she needs taking care of that her daughters would take as good of care of her as I take of my Mom. Isn't that sweet? I was just bowled over and it made the rest of the day a lot less frustrating in spite of all of the posting problems we had.

It does point out one of my core beliefs however that we are not on this earth just for ourselves but to help others. Maybe it goes back to what Bono once said in an interview about "good old Catholic guilt." It may have that at its core but it is also something that really makes me feel good about myself. I love to be able to help others.

No comments: