Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stormy Weather

"Order is the very essence of the universe - the order of birth and death and so on. It is only man that seems to live in disorder, confusion." Krishnamurti

"The secret is not to fly in the air, or to walk on water; but to walk on the earth." Chinese proverb

"If we do not have truth in our side, we will have no alternative but to keep suffering. Having truth on one's side gives one the pride to be transparent about everything and to speak reason in a face-to-face exchange." Dalai Lama

"If one's cause is supported by sound reasoning, there is no point in using violence. It is those who have no motive other than selfish desire and who cannot achieve their goal through logical reasoning who rely on force." Dalai Lama

We have been having some fierce storms here lately. I awoke Saturday morning at six a.m. to two terrified kitties and thunder and lightening that was shaking the house. Needless to say I didn't get back to sleep.

Life has been kind of stormy of late and I really need to start making some definite decisions as to where I want to go with the rest of my life. Mom's health is declining and her body is plain wearing out. I really don't expect her to last a whole lot longer.

The only real firm decision I can make is I want out of this town with its prejudice and small minded bitchy people. I want to get back to civilization where I'm not looked on as weird because I am interested in science fiction and because I am an artist. I need people with a more new age state of mind I guess like I knew in California.

The only real question now is how to achieve this as I will have to have a job lined up and a place to live. I'll have to move myself and two cats to where ever I go. The two real choice are at this point back to California or down to North Carolina where my niece and her family are at. I am leaning towards North Carolina but I just don't know.

No comments: