Saturday, November 24, 2007

Satisfied Saturday

"They who give have all things; they who withhold have nothing." Hindu Proverb

I just finished making birthday cards for Mom's sister. She is going on 91. My Aunt Bird, as we call her, is one of the sweetest, most generous person on the face of this planet. She is always upbeat and is so much fun to be around.

My 81 year old mother got a bit miffed a couple days ago when our handyman mentioned that he had another elderly women he also helps out. Mom does not think she is elderly.

While age does take its toll on the body I think the state of mind is the biggest factor in how old you feel. I try to keep myself young mentally and genuinely enjoy young people. I am looking forward to the reactions of my nephew and niece to my book. If they like what I've done then I'll know I am reaching a prime audience and will try to get the book published.

I am going to be working hard on Christmas gifts this next week. A lot of people will be getting art work. I also need to get my cards printed out and in the mail. Everyone knows I don't have much money this year and everyone tells that my recovering from surgery will be their best present.

My art also keeps me young. I had a great response to my Thanksgiving picture. I found a couple great models the other evening and Victorian Times is the result. Mom just loved the picture and felt that it would be one of Dad's favorites too.

The real counter is 6422

No comments: