Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Update

"The appearance of things changes according to the emotions and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves." Kahlil Gibran

I have spent much of the week in bed. There is one little stitch that has been driving me nuts. It is at the end of the scar and I am having so much pain in that spot. It hurts to sit up so I have spent much of the time laying down. I see the Doctor on Monday. My original plan was to be back at work on Monday but my Mom kept begging me to take two more weeks. She realized I wouldn't be ready only four weeks after surgery. I'll get an extension on Monday from my Doctor and turn in the FMLA papers that Administration was supposed to have gotten to me a month ago to make sure that my job is protected. This stitch is such a tiny thing but it shouldn't be there. I'm afraid my body is treating it as a foreign object and trying to fight it as an infection.

Even though it means I won't be able to buy Christmas presents since I will have a whole month without pay and lots of bills I am glad I made the decision not to rush back to work. Sometimes you have to be reasonable and realize that you have to listen to your body. I'm not ready and won't be until that pain goes away where the stitch is.

I think a lot of people are going to be getting art work this year. I can do up to six calendars since I have kits left over from last year. I am also going to be printing off and matting some of my pictures. This last year has seen some of my best art work and I'm going to take ones that people have commented on and make gifts of them. I also finished editing the book so after I make the corrections it will be ready to print off and give.

I heard from the computer people today and the problem is the power supply. They have ordered a new one and I'll get my machine probably next week. I miss the art computer because I can't do the DAZ figures as well on this one as I can on the other one. Besides it has such a high rendering power that the pictures are done in a fracture of the time. I also need this computer to get the Christmas cards out as well as the gifts since this computer is attached to the printer.

I have been watching my Doctor Who and really enjoying them as well as the special features. There is a music special that is just gorgeous. I love good music and Murray Gold does such a wonderful job with the music on the show.

The picture was inspired by the Doctor Who show The Runaway Bride where the Doctor showed Donna the creation of the solar system. It is called In the Beginning.

The real counter is 6410.

No comments: