Thursday, November 15, 2007

Too Too Thursday

"If you don't believe in the gods, leave them alone." Chinese Proverb

I'm not sure if my mood is chillin' or chilly as it is getting really cold. Mom keeps the temperature at 68 so this old house is freezing most of the time. I'm about ready to bundle up with a blanket and watch some more Doctor Who.

The art computer is at the repair place and I sure hope that they can get it up and running. I love my regular computer but it doesn't have the speed and memory of the new one and certain things just don't work properly. Hopefully it is only a simple repair on the new one and I can have my toy back soon.

I love today's quote. I would also add to leave alone the people who do believe in God. I am all for science and eagerly read about each new discovery. It really bugs me though when people act like you have to have either a belief in science or a belief in God and the two don't mix. Nonsense! You can have both and I have integrated them both into my life quite successfully.

I was playing around on my regular computer this afternoon and this picture came to mind. I have a couple of pictures now that I've done to song titles. This new one is from Les Miserables and the song I Dreamed A Dream.

There was a time when men were kind,
And their voices were soft,
And their words inviting.
There was a time when love was blind,
And the world was a song,
And the song was exciting.
There was a time when it all went wrong...

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.

He slept a summer by my side,
He filled my days with endless wonder...
He took my childhood in his stride,
But he was gone when autumn came!

And still I dream he'll come to me,
That we will live the years together,
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather!

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

The real counter is 6386.

No comments: