Friday, June 26, 2009

Through the Storms


It is getting storm in the Midwest again. The thunderstorms are loud and frequently bring tornados with them. We had a loud one last night that had me cuddling kitties. Storms are coming in other part s of my life too. My mother has been sick for days and her cat Pixie is scared of Mom being sick in bed and running to me for cuddling. She is never that completely affectionate with me. She lets me pick her up and tickle her tummy or brush and comb her but this new wanting to be next to me all the time is disturbing.

We had a storm at work the other day that proves the old maxim what goes around comes around. A coworker who has made the place absolutely hell to work in is finally getting to the point where the boss is getting enough complaints that she can actually act on and this witch may finally be on her way out. She has always been clever enough to watch her mouth when the boss is in the office. However because of her patient accounts calls are now being recorded to try and verify the complaints.

I put up with a lot of garbage at work because I need the job and need the health insurance. I also need to be here in this little town because of a very sick mother. I can see her health deteriorating and I am doing all I can to care for her. I am doing a lot of things my brother should be doing but isn’t. He is always running back into the hospital the least little time one of his “girls” has a problem they can’t (read too lazy to) handle. Mother is frustrated and disappointed in him but unfortunately she is the one who spoiled him so badly.

Even with the frustrations growing in our little town as we struggle with the economy you can still see patches of gold as the next round of summer flowers bloom. I can make my mother smile by going out and taking pictures for her. So with one cat scared of storms, a sick elderly mother, and a young cat scared because her person is sick it has been a long couple of weeks. I stop an appreciate the flowers when I can. I also get all geeky knowing the BBC America at 9:00 PM Saturday will finally be showing one of the new Doctor Who specials. Grab happiness where you can.

No comments: