Monday, June 8, 2009

The Waterfall


“A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.” Oscar Wilde

I was adding some new photographs to my album on Photobucket when out of curiosity I checked to see which picture was the most looked at. I thought with all the flowers blooming now that people would be interested in one of the photographs of the Iris. Instead the most popular picture was one of my art pieces called “The Waterfall”. I believe that part of that appeal of that picture is the sense of serenity one gets from looking at.

The weather outlook here in Central Indiana is thunderstorms all week. Not exactly calm and serene weather. In this modern hurry up world of ours it is sometimes difficult to hold onto serenity. It is easy to become frustrated and tense. If you have a job you are worried about keeping it. There are always frustrations in the workplace mine included. You worry about making ends meet. You worry about rising gas, food, medical costs. You worry about health, yours and your loved ones.

I have always used meditation as a way to calm down after a really bad day. In many articles you read about meditating they suggest you visualize a calm and serene place. I did the waterfall picture because that is what I visualize as my calm and serene place. So as we start another hectic Monday I'll share with you my place of serenity to help you through.

No comments: