Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun Friday

"The word duty indicates compulsion. The word responsibility indicates freedom." Maa Purnananda

"The main cause of suffering is egoistic desire for one's own comfort and happiness." Dalai Lama

"The foundation for the development of good relations with one another is altruism, compassion, and forgiveness." Dalai Lama

I haven't been writing much lately. I come home from work just bone weary and the effort to come up with coherent thoughts has just been beyond me. I'm still battling the virus.

The dynamic at work is starting to change. Some of the new people, who are really good at their jobs, are starting to respond to the couple of people who are always bad mouthing other people and talking behind their backs. They are commenting on the hypocrisy of people claiming to be so religious but at the same time showing bigotry and hatred towards other people.

The phrase "what goes around, comes around" is starting to be felt at work. The lady who goofed off all the time and left me doing the bulk of the work has been transferred and demoted to another position and she is having to work her tail off. They replaced her with the bosses' niece who is actually a hard worker. The boss makes sure her niece does her part of the work so the burden isn't always on me to get everything done. Granted I am still doing all the difficult posting until the new lady is fully trained but I don't come home feeling so frustrated all the time.

Today would have been my wedding anniversary if my ex hadn't destroyed our marriage. I am in a position of trust at work, I have friends, I have love of family and friends, I have respect of people who have visited here and on my website. I am content with my life. My ex has lost the respect of everyone. He has no friends or family to support him. His only child didn't even invite him to his wedding. I really feel sorry for him. He could have had a really good life but squandered everything in his pursuit of his ego.

Tonight starts the new season of my favorite show Doctor Who. It is also the birthday of the actor playing the Doctor now, David Tennant. So happy birthday Doc, I'll be watching the new show and enjoying it immensely.

No comments: