Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wandering Through Wednesday

"To live in fear and falsehood is worse then death." Zend-Avesta

"Follow the three R's:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions." Dalai Lama

I would print the Dalai Lama's quote for today in huge letters and post it in my office if I thought that the people who need to practice it would do so but unfortunately the ones who most need to do so wouldn't get it and it would be redundant to those who do. It is sad that out of an office of 12 other people that one of our really good, new people feels their are only two people outside of the boss that she can trust, the other new lady and myself. I fail to see how some people can live with themselves when they spread lies and treat other people so badly. I know I couldn't. Two very excellent quotes today.

The weekend was a nice change. Okay so I really don't care for the Slitheen on the Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures but I will tolerate them because Sarah Jane Smith was always my favorite companion and it is so great to see someone in my age bracket starring in a television show. Of course I also watched the Doctor Who special and loved it. It looks like it will be a really good season.

Torchwood finished Season Two on Saturday and I was sure glad my brother was asleep and my Mom working. I don't think I wanted to try and explain why I was crying all through the show. Talk about a heartbreaking episode. John Barrowman definitely proved he is not just a pretty face as some people have dismissed him as. That man really can act and having heard him sing I can certainly attest to the fact that he is fantastic. Great show.

Doctor Who fans will get a chuckle out of the picture. I think it is really nice of the dragon to watch the Tardis for the Doctor while he went exploring in China don't you? ;-) The picture is called Helping the Doctor Out.

No comments: