Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sort of Sunday I Guess

“To understand yourself is the beginning of wisdom.” Krishnamurti

 

“Truth resides in the heart of every man.” Mahatma Gandhi

 

“Always be honest in word and deed, both in private and in public.” The Upanishads

 

“There is one Being, this Self; it neither comes nor goes.” Swami Vivekananda

 

“He who grasps loses.” Tao Te Ching

 

I think if I could get rid of this sinus infection once and for all I would feel like writing and doing more things. There have been some great quotes this week on my Wisdom of the East calendar. The ones above all point to knowing yourself and your spirit as the way to contentment. I am finally getting to the point where I understand myself and what it takes to make me truly happy. I am finding that I am getting a new sense of serenity lately and that isagood thing.

 

I really enjoy my science fiction shows this week. Torchwood is winding down season two, I am also getting caught up on season one that I missed. I will buy season two when it comes out. I caught the Adventures of Sarah Jane on Friday and it was good to see that over on this side of the pond. Sarah Jane Smith was always one of my favorite companions on the classic Doctor Who. It is good to see a more mature woman as a lead in a show. I get a little tired of all this youth being shoved on us as if someone my age can’t be interesting. Of course this Friday starts the newest season of Doctor Who itself and I can hardly wait.

 

The picture is called Spring Flowers. I got tired of waiting for Spring to hit out here and decided to do my own Spring.

No comments: