Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

"True knowledge is the knowledge of our own nature. Know yourself." Swami Vivekanada

It is snowing. Somehow I'm dreaming of a white new years doesn't have the same ring as white Christmas. But then this is the Midwest where the weather is weird to say the least.

Greeted the new year by waiting for my Mom to get home safely from work and then crashing with Merlin whose idea of a celebration usually includes the word nap.

I know it is traditional to make new year's resolutions but I rarely bother with them. Mainly because I never keep them when I get ambitious and do make them. There are a few things I want to accomplish this year. Finding an agent is the top of my list. Finding a way to start selling the art is up there too.

The main problem with new year's resolutions is that we get so negative with ourselves if we don't keep them. We also get way over ambitious in making them. Come on do you really need to lose 50 pounds by Spring? I usually try to do the weight thing in 5 pounds increments. It is a more realistic goal.

I'm going to try and be realistic this year if I can. I know however that I'm a dreamer and accept that. Know yourself is a good goal for 2008.

My first picture of the year is called Toasting the New Year.

The real counter is 6597.

No comments: