Friday, August 7, 2009

The Insurance Pledge


We have all heard the phrase “put your money where your mouth is.” In spite of the polls to the contrary their are politicians and political commentators saying that we don’t need or want medical insurance reform. It is time for them to put their money where their mouths are. If they truly believe that then they need to take “The Insurance Pledge.”

The Insurance Pledge

I (insert name) believe that insurance reform is not needed and the government needs to keep out of health insurance. To prove that I believe this I have instructed the government to drop the (choose all options that apply to your situation) a. Government Health Insurance I receive as a member of the Senate/House/Branch of Government b. Medicare c. Social Security d. Tricare or other Government subsidized Health Insurance for myself, my spouse or significant other, my ex spouses whom I am mandated by law to pay for, my children, grandchildren, parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews and their assorted spouse and significant others. As a result I will be turning over to the government the sum of (check your annual Social Security entitlement form, the monthly Medicare deposits, the premium amount you would pay for health insurance or Tricare etc.) To prove that anyone can get insurance here is my certificate of insurance for all of the above named persons with (name of company) for the monthly amount of (show the exact amount your are paying) that I am paying for by (show method of payment i.e. checking, savings, yearly check, name of lobbyist paying for the insurance and whom he works for.)


If they truly believe that we don’t need health insurance reform make them prove it. They have to put their money where their mouths are. Put up or shut time folks. The above needs to be signed, witnessed, and presented in long form with a raised seal.

No comments: