Saturday, August 7, 2010

United Healthcare Rips Off the Dead


The late Peter Finch in the movie “Network” said the immortal lines, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more.” That is how I feel right now and I want the world to know how United Healthcare rips off the dead. This is my story.

In April of this year my Mom got tired of paying the high premiums to United Healthcare for her secondary insurance to Medicare. She paid $153.50 a month for nothing. They hardly ever paid a dime on any of her bills. I finally convinced her to check out something else and we made arrangements to go with Banker’s Life. Banker’s Life informed United Healthcare of this and that as of June 1st Mom was changing her insurance. Mom died suddenly on May 26th. Since that time United Healthcare has taken out the June and July premiums for an insurance that was canceled on a woman they had been informed was dead.

I have faxed copies of the death certificate and emailed them over a half a dozen times. I have called continuously. I have been given the run around. Still no refund of the money. I filed charges on line with Indiana’s State Attorney General’s Office against United Healthcare a few minutes ago but I want to do more. I want people to know just how dishonest these people are. They have taken $307.00 from a dead woman’s account on insurance that she had canceled on the first part and when they knew she was deceased on the second part.

For those idiots who want to repeal the health care reform I promise you that you will have me at your throats letting the people you are trying to convince that reform is bad know that you are liars in cahoots with insurance companies who rip off the dead. It is hard enough emotionally to come home and see your mother dead with out having rip off artists stealing her money. I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more.

No comments: