Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beauty

The taxes are finally done and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I owe the feds some and the state owes me a little. I put money in the savings each month to pay the feds because the bank pays interest and the feds don't. It works out in the end.

There are some very pretty Spring gardens in bloom now. Fortunately last weeks snow flurries and wind didn't kill off all the Spring flowers. They are very beautiful and a couple of houses in the neighborhood have really done an exceptional job with their gardens. I'm not real good with live plants. I've had cats too long and tend to go towards silk plants because they won't eat them.

You know the old phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder?" I imagine that while I find beauty in the gardens that someone say with severe allergies would find those same gardens to be ugly and ridden with pollen. I think my own mother is beautiful but I know that their are others who look at the wrinkles earned during 80 year of life as ugly.

I think what we see as beautiful relies on more then just our eyes to make that connection. Beauty needs a more intimate connection for us to really be beauty in our eyes. I think my mother is beautiful because I love her. I think the profusion of flowers is beautiful because I love nature. The emotional bond is what makes beauty special for us.

My mother thinks Pixie is the most beautiful cat because she loves the little creature so much. Pixie has made her way into Mom's heart and that makes her already physical attributes even more special to Mom. I think Pixie is a real cutie myself but then I'm a cat person. I think Merlin is a beautiful cat too but then nine years of being owned by him of course I would think that way.

What do you find beautiful in your own life? It is a beautiful day outside and I hope you all enjoy it.

The picture is called Eye of the Beholder and I think our artist probably shouldn't give up his day job.

The real counter is 4872.

No comments: