Monday, August 20, 2007

What's Happening?

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a songbird will come." Chinese Proverb

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama

Yes there is a reason why the posting has been pretty sparse here. It is called a fever, blinding headache, and the whole body aching like crazy and nothing is helping. I came home early from work on Thursday and Friday. I got up long enough to see Doctor Who and went back to bed and stayed there all weekend. Look I said I was sick, I didn’t say I was dead so of course I got up and watched my favorite program. I struggled into work today and made it through the whole day and came home and crashed.

A couple things I noticed while surfing the web trying to get caught up on news. My heart really goes out to the poor miners families in Utah. I seriously doubt if their loved ones are alive but it is looking like they will never know. I'm sure they will always fear that the worst happened and that they slowly died of thirst and starvation. It is looking that they must have been killed out right when the collapse first occurred. I really hope it was quick and merciful and that they are now with God.

Since I also check the Entertainment news I was amused at the pictures of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and their four kids on the boat over in Chicago. Someone needs to show the pictures to Brittany Spears. Hey Britt notice the life preservers on Brad and Angie's kids? You might want to remember that next time you take you kids on a boat. And while we are at it children under the age of two really should not be kept up for dinner after 10 at night. Kids do need their sleep you know.

I love the two quotes for today. I have spoken often how I feel we are on this planet to help others and it is good to know that the Dalai Lama, a man I very much admire, feels the same way. The songbird proverb is really sweet. I think it shows the power of optimism. I have always been a the glass is half full person. I know I have a songbird in my heart. The picture is called Songbird.

The real counter is 5911

No comments: