Saturday, May 27, 2006

Lots to Do

"The more we take the welfare of others to heart and work for their benefit, the more benefit we derive for ourselves. This is a fact that we can see." Dalai Lama

I have three days off and I am going to be working on my niece's wedding dress and the flowers for the wedding. I am the proud owner of eight yards of ivory brocade and all the trim that goes with it. I am going to be combining two patterns to make the dress she wants. It will really be beautiful and I can hardly wait to see her in it.

The major problem with the flowers is that Merlin keeps getting into them and chewing on them. I'm going to try and finish the flowers this weekend so I can safely put them away in a box so that the cat can't get at them. I don't know what it is with that cat and silk flowers. He is such a little scamp.

The whole weekend is going to busy with her wedding but I don't mind because she is so special to me. I find that I achieve my greatest happiness in doing for others. My greatest regret in life was the inability to give birth to a child of my own. I kept miscarrying during my marriage. In my niece however I have my daughter. We are as close as any biological mother and daughter could be. I feel blessed to be a part of her life and her wedding.

I think because my focus in life is on helping others that I get frustrated with people whose sole purpose in life is to disrupt and cause problems. The troll on my newsgroup does that. It is such a stupid way to live. How can anyone derive pleasure from causing harm? I believe we have an immortal soul and that when you cause harm to others you are harming your soul. I believe that a lot of people are going to be surprised when they die and realize that the harm they have caused others in life has caught up with them at last. I intend to face my maker and be able to say that I did my best in life to care for others and not cause harm. I want to face my God with a clean heart.

The picture is called "Vanilla Sky."

 

 

No comments: