Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nice to Hear

My boss rarely gives compliments. She can be difficult to work with especially if you are prone to be lazy and want to goof off instead of work. She expects people to do a proper day's work for their pay. What a concept.

Yesterday I showed her the letter from the Attorney General's Office so that we could get the charge off of my account. She didn't really say much at the time. That afternoon when I was putting the cash posting total on her board I mentioned that my partner and I were all finished with the posting including the zero pays. I told her in a kidding manner that we were feeling a bit smug with ourselves. She replied "I am proud of you too." It was meant for me and it acknowledged several things. It acknowledged the courage in fighting an unfair charge. It acknowledged the fact that she knew I was working while being in an extreme amount of pain. And it acknowledged that she realized I was doing a good job with the posting and that she realized the mistakes were not mine as the "new girl" but the others who were supposed to be experienced.

It really made me feel good to get the compliment. Words of praise can really make someone's day. The picture is called Celestial Dance 2.

The real counter is 6110.

No comments: