Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunny Sunday

"Faith is a bird that feels dawn breaking and sings while it is still dark." Rabindranath Tagore

Yes it has been a while since I posted here. We are getting the infection under control but still can't get a handle on the pain. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday and hopefully they can see if what we are dealing with is stones in the bladder or kidneys. I have been essentially popping the pain pills every four hours, working, coming home and crashing since the pain is better if I lie down.

Friday of course I stayed up and watched television. Part one of Doctor Who was really good however there are times when you want to smack this particular Doctor up the side of the head and try to talk some sense into him. I mean come on you tried the reasoning and good will with the Daleks and it didn't work do you really think it would work with the Master? I do have a tendency to wonder if in this incarnation of the Doctor if they are keeping in mind that the actor who plays him is a Minister's son. The Doctor has never been so reasonable with the enemies before.

Stargate Atlantis also premiered its new season Friday night. Of course I had to find something else to watch in between Doctor Who and Stargate Atlantis as I can't stand the new Flash Gordon. Talk about boring! Can't stand the show. Stargate was good although the decision to keep Weir alive with Replicator technology is going to backfire big time.

Checking my email I received one from my baby brother the other day. I am not surprised that a conservative Christian NASCAR blogger is finding acceptance from one of the Web's most liberal blogger. One problem that his hippy dippy sister (me) has always had with the Conservatives out there is the mean spiritedness that they exhibit towards so many people. If you aren't a Conservative then you are a spawn of the devil the way they talk. Rather then having a dialog where the exchange of views is encouraged people like Anne Coulter throw viscous insults around. When I was in high school I was a part of our school's debate team. We had to be able to debate both sides of that year's topic. It taught me that there are two sides to an issue and that you should attempt to learn all you can from both sides before you take a stand. Get the facts and then go with your heart in the way you feel is best.

My February picture for my new calendar is going to be Lover's Sky.

The real counter is 6159.

No comments: