Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This and That

"Sincerity is a transparent diamond through which the light of God shines in our lives." Paramananda

I've been struggling through these last few days. The pain has been pretty intense and I'm spending a lot of time in bed as a result. My Mom and brother insisted that I see a different doctor and as a result it will be October 3rd before I can get in. Everyone at work has been very concerned and people who normally have been rather rude are now being very nice. I appreciate their concern. I just wish everything was over with.

I spent Saturday in front of the television. They had a couple of episodes of Doctor Who that I had seen before but they were still fun to watch. Doctor Who is one of those shows I can watch over and over again. I saw the first episode of Torchwood and so far the jury is out on that one. I wasn't enamored by the female policeman. I thought she was really rather dumb at times. I like the character of Captain Jack. It will be interesting to see how this one takes off. It is darker then Doctor Who and more adult but I'm not convinced that the creators of the show really have that good of a handle. Adult shouldn't just mean more sexual innuendo. There are themes that would be better drama to explore. I'll give it a chance.

Not much else is going on in my life. Mom is treating me like a fragile doll which is a bit irritating but she means well. I'm not one for being babied a lot. I like to be up and about and doing things. Of course I do know I need to pace myself since I tire so easily and if I move around too much I start hurting bad.

I'm hoping to do some more art work this weekend. I have a couple of vague ideas floating around in my head that I would like to work on. With a little luck they will gel this weekend and I'll have some more pictures to share.

The real counter is 6071.

No comments: