Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Science Fiction

When I was about eight years old I discovered something at my library called science fiction. I was immediately hooked and to this day I call myself a science fiction fan. A lot of my artwork is fantasy and space oriented. The SciFi channel's Friday night lineup is one of my favorites. While I took a week off to relax and spend time with my mother I ended up doing two new pictures. One picture shows a lighthouse and I called it "The Sentinel" after a short story by my favorite science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. The other is a surrealistic picture inspired by the song "Windmills of Your Mind." My baby brother gave me the most fantastic gift for my birthday this year when he found a remastered Noel Harrison CD that had all of his old songs on it. It has rapidly become one of my favorite CDs.

No comments: