Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Chaos

Sometimes I feel that I am working inside of chaos. We are short handed at work and there are not enough hours in a day to try and get everything done that needs to be done. Every time you turn around there are different and conflicting ideas as to what needs to be done and what the priorities are. It leaves me with a massive headache each day.

I am a person who likes to be organized. I'll pick the clothes I'm going to be wearing for the week out on Sunday afternoon and press them and hang them on the hook behind my bedroom door. Each evening I'll pick out the jewelry I'll be wearing the next day.

I guess I did inherit my Dad's logical mind. He was a mathematician and liked things organized. His file cabinet is neatly organized into folders and his genealogy is neatly in place on the Family Tree software.

I have certain rituals I follow in the morning, mainly grabbing that cup of coffee and log onto the Web. Coffee is essential for me as I'm not a morning person and definitely need that jolt of caffeine if I am to survive.

In my organized life however I leave room for the spur of the moment ideas. There can be too much organization in life and everyone needs to be able to just take off and do something different. I have a spontaneous side that also needs to be indulged once in a while.

The picture is called "Chariots of Fire" since a flamethrower is probably the only way that I'll ever be able to clean off my desk at work. ;-)

 

No comments: