Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Food of the Gods

If coffee isn't the food of the gods then it should be. I am not one of those morning people who jump out of bed raring to go all bright eyed and bushy tailed. It is a real struggle to emerge from my cocoon of covers. On weekdays it is only when I can smell the coffee that I even attempt getting up. I have a programmable coffee maker that I set up the night before.

I have always been a night person and many times I'll look at the clock and it is well after midnight and I'm either still reading or working on a piece of artwork. I will never be a morning person although I can fake it fairly well as long as I have an ample supply of caffeine.

Merlin on the other hand is all raring to go in the mornings and on days when my brother has to be at work early it is a real pain when the cat thinks I should be up also. You would think that after almost seven years of sharing a bed with me Merlin would realize that morning is not mommy's favorite time of day.

 

No comments: