Friday, March 10, 2006

Thoughts on a Friday

It has been a long week. I have just enough of a cold that I'm stuffed up and coughing but don't feel real sick. The weather has been so goofy that you don't know how to dress. We have been getting high winds and lots of rain. Last night it sounded like a freight train was driving by my bedroom window the wind was so strong. It kept waking me up and scaring Merlin. Every time I woke up he huddled closer to me until he was literally in my face and I had to gently move him down.

It has been crazy at work with too much to do and not enough time to do everything. We are terribly short handed in my office and I feel like a juggler trying to get things done. It doesn't help to get conflicting instructions on what needs to be done. The job is stressful enough without the chaos of everybody wanting you to do the same thing differently. It has gotten to the point that my favorite time of day is quitting time. I can't wait to get out of there and get home.

I should have a quiet weekend. I have two picture ideas that I want to do. It is supposed to storm all weekend so I'll probably do the shopping for the coming week early tomorrow before the next storm hits and then just relax on the computer and do art work and maybe a new story.

Friday has always been my favorite TV night with Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica. Tonight will be the season finales for all three shows and then next Friday they will show the new Dr. Who shows. I can hardly wait!

So that's my life at the moment. I can't say it is real exciting but at least it is fairly peaceful. The biggest problem is convincing Merlin to let me have part of the bed at night. He tends to want to take his half out of the middle. We negotiate that every night.

The picture is called "I Can Dream."

 

No comments: