Friday, March 24, 2006

Determination

I think the flowers out here in the Midwest are showing great determination at the moment. The daffodils, tulips, crocus, etc. know that it is supposed to be Spring and they aren't letting a little thing like six inches of snow stop them from coming up.

I think determination is a wonderful quality. It is the thing that makes other things happen. It is the strength of will to push on in spite of the odds to achieve your goal. I can be a very determined individual at times. I was determined to take control of my life and rescue myself from a bad marriage. It wasn't easy but I did it.

When it comes to my art I will get determined that the picture is going to come out the way I want it. I will literally spend hours on a picture working and working until it becomes the picture that I want. I am determined that my art will be the best that I can do.

Merlin is a very determined little animal. He is determined that he will get me to sit down so he can climb on my lap and enjoy being with his mommy. Some mornings he is determined that I will get up whether I want to or not. He doesn't seem to understand that my schedule isn't always the same as his.

I got very emotionally involved in my last job and I was determined that this time around when I walked out at quitting time the job stayed there and didn't come home with me. It is something I am trying to teach my brother to do. It is something I am starting to make headway on teaching my Mom to do.

There are many things that I am determined to do in my life and I am slowly making my way through and accomplishing those goals. I still have other goals that aren't finished as yet but they will be.

The picture is called "Determination."

 

No comments: