Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Celestial Dragon

I'm going to be off line for a week as I head down to my niece's wedding. We will pack the car tonight and leave early tomorrow morning. I will hem the dress when I'm down there to make sure that it is even with whatever shoes she is going to wear. I can hardly wait to see her in the dress and veil. She will be such a beautiful bride.

I was playing with the newest version of Bryce that my brother brought with him. It has some great new presets including one for "nebulae." The picture came out with a great shape for the nebulae that in my mind's eye looks like a Chinese dragon.

I took the time last night to do some art work because it has been a very stressful couple of months. I know I'm going to be on the run constantly once I get down to North Carolina. Art really calms me down when I'm stressed. I am so thankful that I discovered graphic art and can do it on the computer. The arthritis in my hands won't let me do the intricate etching style I was doing. When one door closes another one opens.

I love the whole concept of new doors opening. Sometimes we only see a closed door and what is no longer available to us. If we are willing to open our eyes we can walk through new doors and experience new things. I can't imagine a life that is stuck in the same old same old. Life has too much to offer to be bored all the time. I want to continue to learn and experience new things. For me life is meant to be lived to the fullest not something to plod through day by day.

No comments: