Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Power Trip

Do not look at the faults of others, or what others have done or not done; observe what you yourself have done or not done." Buddha

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." Mahatma Gandhi

I made it back in one piece from the wedding trip. It was a long tiring trip that wrecked havoc with my nerves, my arthritis and my asthma. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. It was worth it to see my niece so happy. It was worth it to spend time with my godchildren. The frequent hugs from my niece and her saying almost hourly when I was with her "Have I told you lately thank you and I love you." It made everything worthwhile. The dress fit her perfectly and she truly looked like a Princess Bride. She even gave me credit in the wedding program so that everyone knew I made the dress and the flowers.

One of the things I noticed was the huge numbers of trees while we were driving and the power lines that would rise above the trees. It was an interesting contrast of nature and technology. The UFO however springs from my imagination. The picture is called "Power Trip."

I am taking an extra day off before I head back to work and look at the disaster area that is known as my desk. I doubt much of my work got done while I was gone. Oh well it will replenish my badly depleted funds.

I called my mother frequently while I was on the road. I worried about her the entire time. She was so happy to talk to me and related all the doings of my crazy cat. It was good to get back and be able to hug her.

Now that the wedding has finally come and gone I can concentrate on things I need to do here. My website hasn't been updated in about six months. I need to try and get an Art site up that I can sell from. I need to take a good look at profiles up on Match.com and see who looks like they might be compatible with me.

I came back to the two quotes above on my Oriental Wisdom calendar. Both really resonate with me. In life you are responsible for yourself and what you do. It is an unhappy person who feels that they must constantly criticize others. The people I have known who are hypercritical of others are also the ones who refuse to admit that they themselves have faults.They see themselves as the perfect ones and everyone else as inferior. They are also the ones who refuse to forgive anything they perceive as a slight. They carry hate and resentment inside of themselves. It eats away at them and destroys their chance for happiness.

I let go of anger a few years ago when I realized that the object of my anger didn't care. He was one of those unhappy hypercritical people who has destroyed his life and now wallows in bitterness. I did not want to end my life in that way. I have found an inner peace in my life that I treasure.

I have a long list of things I need to do and today added another one to the list. My mother is celebrating her 80th birthday on July 6th. I am making her a special card and am trying to collect at least 80 birthday greetings to put on that card. If you would please take a minute to email a greeting to Pat at michelewln@aol.com Thanks.

 

No comments: