Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Change

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Don't let yourself indulge in vain wishes." Rabindranath Tagore

I really love my Oriental Wisdom calendar. It has so many great sayings. Change is inevitable. There is little in life that stays exactly the same. Sometimes to make change happen a person needs to get up off their duff and do something. You often hear that the past can't be changed however that isn't strictly true. While you can't change the events of the past you can change how your behave now in regards to the past. You can let the past be a learning experience and change how you deal with the present.

I've been working lately on some of my older art that I wasn't totally satisfied with. I did the original "Mars Colony" back in 1998. While the basic concept remains good the new tools I have to work with now made it possible to change the picture into something more like what I wanted. You can see the new version and the old above.

Change can be done in life also. I was very depressed after my divorce and wanted to do little but go to work and then come home and vegetate. By taking control of my life I decided that I really didn't want to live that way. I sought help for the depression and allowed myself to move on with my life. I am much happier since I made that decision.

 

No comments: