Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally Friday

"To develop patience, you need someone who willfully hurts you. Such people give us real opportunities to practice tolerance. They test our inner strength in a way that even our guru cannot. Basically, patience protects us from being discouraged." Dalai Lama

"Only fools seek power, and the greatest fools seek it through force." Tao Te Ching

I am glad the week is over. It has certainly been a difficult week at work. Between coworkers pitching temper tantrums and our boss almost being killed it has certainly been stressful. We heard from our boss today and she is doing okay. I am so thankful she and her family are alright.

My mother had a real scare with the terrible weather. A UPS truck pulled in front of her and she had to step hard on the brakes to keep from hitting it but because of all the ice she spun out turning around a couple of times and ending up in the opposite lane. Thankfully no one was coming that way and an ambulance that was behind her put on its flashers to warm people until she could get back into her own lane. God was really looking out for her.

Today is the World Day of Prayer and I have a lot to be thankful for this week. My mother survived what could have been a fatal accident. My boss, whom I admire, and her daughter and grandchildren survived what could have been a tragedy from Carbon Monoxide.

I have been trying to practice what the Dalai Lama has spoken about above and being more patient. It is hard for me to be patient especially when I am dealing with the nonsense at work. I have a low tolerance of hypocrisy and cruelty and there is a lot of that where I work. I have managed to keep my mouth shut but sometimes it is hard. I know that I am not perfect and have no right to judge others. None of us have.

With snow coming in I will probably spend the weekend doing more art work. I will be very happy to see Spring come. In the meantime the picture is a remake on one I did ten years called Ice Planet.

The real counter is 6838.

No comments: