Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wandering Through Wednesday

"Every day a man must solve the problem of widening the field of his life and adjusting his burdens." Rabindranath Tagore

"Tomorrow's wind blows tomorrow." Koji

Merlin is in the hallway warming up his vocal chords. He is getting ready for Sunday which is "Panic Day" followed by Monday which is "Napping Day." Talk about two days tailor made for my cat. ;-)

It has been a long few days at work. As I predicted the two people who were the nastiest when our coworker was injured in an auto accident were the most vocal about how bad they felt that she had passed away. I think the word we are looking for is hypocrite.

We almost had a huge tragedy today and did have a disaster code black at the hospital. My boss had gone to check on her father-in-law and found him dead. Before the morning was out they had brought her, her daughter, sister-in-law, two grandsons, a firefighter and an EMT into the Emergency Room by ambulance with all of them suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. They are all in the hospital. Of course our two hypocrites had to be oh so concerned. It didn't stop one of them from trying to get the boss in trouble for something she has no control over however. The one who is supposed to be working in posting with me only managed to put in two and a half hours worth of work today. The rest of the time she goofed off. She also came in late and left early.

I am finding that I have a real low tolerance level for hypocrisy. I am so tired of the people at work and I have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them off. They take advantage of the boss like they did today because she is in meetings a lot and can not supervise their every movements. They bad mouth every body. Not a one of them bothered to think about our little receptionist who happens to be the bosses niece. This was a very difficult day for her. I offered to watch her little girl this evening if she needed to be out with her family. I was the only one in the whole office who bothered to think that the young lady may be having a hard time dealing with this today. She came close to losing most of her family.

Life is short and none of us knows how much time we or someone we love has left on this planet. People should stop and think about how they speak about others. Just because the person you are talking about can't hear you is no reason to be hateful. God can still hear you.

I redid the picture over the weekend. It is called I Can Dream. It is an illustration for my poem of the same name.

I Can Dream

Sometimes life seems so hard
That I just want to cry.
There are times that I feel
The parade has passed me by.
In the depths of the night
I wonder why I try?
Then I look up at the stars
And know the reason why.

For I can dream can't I?
I can reach up to the sky,
And as long as I can dream
I'll know what my life means.

I know life can bring such pain.
There is so much misery.
I wish there was no hate
And love would set us free.
While the stars shine overhead
I let my wishes soar,
To grant my dreams of love
Both now and evermore.

For I can dream can't I?

I can reach up to the sky

And as long as I can dream

I'll know what my life means.

 

I wonder if my words

Will reach someone in need.

As I struggle to show my love

In both words and in deeds.

Will the music soar?

Will it help to ease

Another heart in pain?

Will it bring them peace?

 

For I can dream can't I?

I can reach up to the sky,

And as long as I can dream

I'll know what my life means.

 

Even in my darkest hour

Deep in my heart I know,

If I will just believe

My dreams will live and grow.

If I just trust in me

My words will always flow,

And someday they will find

The hearts that need them so.

 

For I can dream can't I?

I can reach up to the sky,

And as long as I can dream

I'll know what my life means.

 

The real counter is 6829.

No comments: