Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Too, Too Tuesday

"Nonviolence is the summit of bravery." Mahatma Gandhi

"The mind must be developed by you alone. There is no way for others to do the work for you to reap results. Reading someone else's blueprint of mental progress will not transfer its realizations to you. You have to develop them yourself." Dalai Lama

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike AOL? Well they still suck big time. I thought briefly of changing to Comcast but they are even bigger losers out here. Heavy, heavy sigh.

My boss came back to work today and it was good to see her especially after considering how close we came to losing her. Just as a public service message if you don't have carbon monoxide detectors in your place please get them. I am making sure this weekend that we get them for our house here. They don't cost that much and the lives they save are worth it.

I have been on a dragon kick lately with my art work. I don't know why but all of a sudden I want dragons in my pictures. I had lots of fun doing this one called Sweet Dreams but the computer wasn't too fond of rendering it. Too many little points to do I guess.

Things are a little better at work. My coworker has been shamed into doing a little bit more work then she had been doing especially since the boss is back. It is a shame that people don't have more pride in their performance. My Grandfather had a saying that I always took to heart "an honest day's work for an honest day's pay." I have always wanted to feel that I could be proud of what I've done whether in the workplace or in my private life or in my art work. You have to be able to have pride in yourself. If you can't have pride in what you do how can you expect anyone else to?

I finally felt like staying up this past weekend and watching my shows. Stargate Atlantis had one of those make you scream cliff hangers. They manage every year to come up with a cliff hanging ending that leaves you very frustrated at having to wait months to see how it is resolved. I mean are they really wiping out the whole crew? Can't we just get rid of McKay? Not my favorite character obviously. As frustrating as Stargate was I must admit that it didn't leave me as totally puzzled as Torchwood did. I mean is Owen dead, alive, a zombie, or what? And what was Jack thinking? Was Jack thinking? My niece was as confused as I was. I'm going to watch this Saturday and see if they explain anything but considering that it is by the same people who make Doctor Who I kind of doubt it. If nothing else I can get a good dose of John Barrowman's dimples. I obviously watch TV for all the correct reasons.

The real counter is 6863.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST A HELLO! ,AND I TRULY LIKE YOUR WORK!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I appreciate you letting me know.