Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cold Rush


“To Zen, time and eternity are one.” D.T. Suzuki

“Close contact creates clear understanding. Then suspicion and fear may not find much room.” Dalai Lama

It is ice cold and bitter here in the Midwest. The deicer freezes as it hits the window. The weather doesn’t look like it is going to improve any time soon.

The last couple of days have been emotionally draining with a serious family crisis. It isn’t over yet by a long shpt although hopefully we can get at least something done today via the lawyer. I can’t really talk about it now but my family member has my full support and love and I know I’ll hear from her frequently until we get a real resolution to the problem. The hardest part will be getting her over the pain of the past that is being dredged up again.

I’ve got Christmas shopping done and will finish my wrapping tonight. I need to do my brothers if he ever gets his rear in gear. He needs to mail the packages and it looks like Monday at the moment. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. I have a lousy cold thanks to coworkers coming in sick and coughing all over me so I wish he would hurry up so I can get my part done.

In the meantime I needed to do something pretty for my Mom to cheer her up. The picture is called Sitting Pretty.

No comments: