Sunday, December 21, 2008

Short Days and Long Naps


“Real happiness abides in self-knowledge alone. All else is fleeting. To know one’s Self is to be blissful always.” Ramana Maharishi

“If we have a sincere and open heart, we naturally feel self-worth and confidence, and there is no need to be fearful of others.” Dalai Lama

Today is the Winter Solstice or the shortest day of the year. It is also below freezing here in the Midwest. So far it doesn’t look like we will have a white Christmas just a cold and freezing rainy one.

I am actually ready for Christmas now. I am finishing up printing the last calendar now and I have a booklet that needs to go with it on my Chinese Horoscope artwork. This is going to a long time friend who is Chinese. I may go ahead and run off some Christmas cards for people at work. Several people have given me cards so I probably should give some back.

Everyone is down with a retched cold. Mom is coughing her head off. I’ve been feeling miserable for several days. It is probably what is contributing to my feeling emotionally drained. I am worried about my niece and her family. They are going through a rough time at the moment. I am worried about Mom’s health. She is forgetting so much lately. A couple weeks ago she was desperately looking for her car keys. I was helping to look for them as she thought she had dropped them in the car. Instead she had laid them down on the brick wall. Anyone could have taken them and taken her car.

I finished watching the last show of the Heroes arc called “Villains.” With a little luck they will get back to a less crazy story telling in the next arc starting in February. Even though this arc was disappointing I will stick with the show. I do wonder though of all the abilities on the show which one would I like? I am leaning towards Hiro’s time travel ability at the moment. I would like to go back in my life and talk to myself and make some different choices. I imagine all of us have things in our past that if we only knew what the consequences would be then we would change our actions.

The picture is from my November calendar and is called Let Sleeping Dragons Lie. A nap sounds real good at this point in time.


No comments: