Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow and Christmas Wish Lists


“You should be attentive today, for waiting until tomorrow is too late.” Bhaddekaratta Sutra

“We have to adopt a wider perspective, and always find common things between the people of north, east, south, and west. Conflict comes from the basis of differences.” Dalai Lama

I really think whoever wrote “Let it snow” did not live where it actually snowed. We have high winds and snow flurries coming in all week long. It is not delightful! And I wish the person who wrote the song all the ice and snow that is freezing those of us who deal with it on a regular basis. Maybe if he had to shovel the stuff he would have written a different set of lyrics.

The Christmas shopping is done and now I have to wrap it all. Sigh. I also have to wrap my brother’s gifts. Considering that he pays to mail them I can deal with that. I already wrapped my Mom’s gifts for my brother. She will wrap mine and blame it on Pixie. ;-) Speaking of the Pixster I found a buckle on collar so let’s see if she can manage to get it off. She has been playing a new game of undoing her collar and leaving it for Mom and I to find.

With Christmas songs in the background everywhere one of the most irritating has to be “All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth.” It does make you stop and think however what are the intangibles that you would like to see for Christmas. The things you can’t buy in a store.

I would like to see the Illinois Governor do the right thing and resign. I’m sure a lot of other people would like that also. I would like to see the mainstream press get a clue and stop trying to insist that Obama is involved when it has been clearly stated by the people bringing charges that he had nothing to do with it. I think the man had been a little busy trying to put together his Cabinet and getting ready to be President to pay attention to a low-life like Blagojevich. I think some people need to realize they are not Bernstein or Woodward and Robert Redford is not going to play them on the big screen.

I would like to see some decent health care for everybody. I work in a small town hospital and you can’t believe some of the things that the insurance companies are pulling. Here are just a few examples. We have one insurance policy now from a major player in the field that is not covering Emergency Room visits. We have one that will pay for an operation but not for the anesthesiologist. We have one that if a woman comes into the hospital in labor they won’t pay because it wasn’t “authorized.” The women have pregnancy coverage but you have to preauthorize them going into labor? Doesn’t make sense to me either. We have one insurance company denying “medical emergency” for people who have fallen in the ice and snow and injured themselves badly. We have had people come in with high fevers, vomiting, and dehydrated, etc. denied as “not an emergency.” We have cancer patients in chemo being denied payment for their drugs because they are “experimental.”

I would like to see politicians put partisanship aside and work towards getting this country back on the road to recovery. It is going to take everyone working together to solve the problems. It would help if we stopped playing the blame game and just work together.

I would also like to see one of my favorite actors, David Tennant, make a complete and speedy recovery from his back surgery on a prolapsed disk. He is a great actor, my favorite actor to play the lead in Doctor Who, and from everything I have read a really nice down to earth person who quietly does a lot to help others. Having battled back problems all my life I can really sympathize with the man. In fact I am doing Christmas cards tonight rather then wrapping gifts because my back and neck are out and I can’t really sit on the floor and try to wrap until they settle down.

The picture is called A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.”


No comments: