Friday, December 26, 2008

Play


“The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.” Japanese Proverb


”Compassion and peace are the basic elements for the survival of humanity.” Dalai Lama

One of these days I’m going to have to take the day after Christmas off from work. To say I wish we had been closed was an understatement. Half of the office was out and I ended up having to do triple duty because I was literally the only person in the office who knew how to post or even knew that everything had to be posted. Sigh.

Christmas was nice. My two favorite gifts are the DVD for The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Li and the Stargate Atlantis action figure doll of Joe Flanagan’s Colonel John Sheppard, which is now sitting next to the monitor in front of me. Grin! My favorite gift last year was the Cabbage Patch doll that stuck her tongue out to “lick” the ice cream cone. Come on the clothes are nice but be real we still love to play with toys no matter how old we are.

I think one of the problems we have in life is that we take it too seriously sometimes and we need to relearn the joy of just playing like we knew when we were children. Children, whether they are human or animals, love to play. We really need to be able to have a sense of fun in our lives. Sure life can be very serious but you have to make time for just being silly. Remember the old adage “all work and no play?” Well a person who has forgotten how to play becomes very boring. Life is too short to be bored.

The picture is called Safe Inside.


No comments: