Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of Year


“When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.” Rabindranath Tagore

“Now national boundaries are not so important. The whole world is one entity, one body. That is the new reality.” Dalai Lama

Anther year is coming to a close. I will spend New Year’s Eve at home where it is warm and I don’t have to deal with drunks on the road. A couple of people from the office are going out. One of the ladies is throwing a party but didn’t invite me, which is fine with me. I don’t care to socialize with her. She is too nasty to too many people. Life is too short to have to put up with nasty people when you don’t have too.

Even though I have been swamped at work it ended on a positive note. I got a nice compliment from a lady, who in the past, has always been really rude and tried to get me in trouble more then once. My boss has always stood by me and now this lady finally understands why. I am really good at my job and the only way she could have possibly fixed a major accounting problem was with my help.

I also made a decision today to give a little help to a woman who was disabled and was only a couple of days shy of getting a payment in time for a prompt pay discount. She had also accidentally made her check out for a dollar short. The lady who was giving the party had gotten rude and refused to give her the discount so she made the trek into to office again today. I decided to honor the discount and the extra dollar. She had asked for me personally and her record of paying has always been excellent. There was no reason to treat her badly. My boss backed me up on that decision. She is a good woman and deserves to be treated with kindness.

That is one of the things I tried to do this year, spread kindness around whenever I could. I have been a shoulder to cry on many times at work. I have tried to give help to people who needed help. I handed out a lot of my Kleenex to people who had been in tears trying to figure out how to pay for hospital bills with no jobs and no insurance. I have been a shoulder for my Mom and have helped her with numerous problems this year. I have been a shoulder for my niece.


No comments: