Wednesday, February 8, 2006

New Job

It is no secret that I moved back in with my mother to help take care of her a little over a year ago. She has come to depend on me for a lot of things and I don't regret for a single moment helping her out. I am the only girl among four boys and there are some things that she needs to be able to talk to a woman about.

Mom surprised me yesterday when she told me I needed to be firm with one of my younger brothers since he wasn't listening to her. She has also urged me to be firm with my older brother. Neither one of them are very responsible and they are one of the reasons she is still working because they are always on her for hand outs. This is quite a reversal for her because she always wanted there to be harmony in the household and has always before urged me to keep quiet. I guess she figures now that maybe I can accomplish what she hasn't been able to do and get the two boys to grow up and take responsibility for their own lives.

I think I'm going to deputize my other two brothers as helpers in trying to get my charges behaving in a manner conducive to getting Mom to retire. After all one brother has a second degree black belt in the same discipline as Chuck Norris. Hmmm I wonder if Chuck might be free to kick some rear ends for me. ;-)

 

No comments: