Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Looking Within

"The wise man looks for what is within, the fool for what is without." Confucius

I have been noticing lately a terrible lethargy within myself. I have so many things that I should be doing but I can't seem to find the energy or inspiration to do them. I sort of feel trapped in a life that I really hadn't intended for myself. I'm sure part of this goes back to the fact that physically I have been really ill too many times this year. The energy just isn't there.

I realize I am in a long plateau in my life right now and I am not seeing a future. I just don't know where I really want to go. I will probably start by structuring some things that have to be accomplished right now. I need to come up with a present for my Aunt who will be celebrating her 90th birthday in November. Her nickname is Bird and I would like to find a stitchery design with birds on it that I can put in a stained glass frame that I have.

The next project should be designing the Christmas card itself now that I have the picture for this year done. It seems silly to be worrying about that in September but the cards need to be printed individually and that will take time.

Project three will be the calendar gifts for Christmas this year. I need to design the 2007 calendar. The hard part always comes in trying to narrow down the pictures that I have done in the previous year to twelve. This year I'll be doing two calendars so that a couple of good friends overseas can have a Prisoner art calendar and friends and family here can have my art calendar.

Project four will be going through my magazines and cutting out the recipes I want to keep and recycling the rest of the magazine. Oh yes of course I need to print the wedding album for my niece. It will make a great Christmas gift. Ah the website needs to be updated again.

Well what do you know if I really look at my life I can set up goals that can be accomplished. The picture is called "Contemplation."

 

No comments: