Saturday, September 9, 2006

We Are All Pawns My Dear

The subject is a line from one of my favorite shows "The Prisoner" and is also the title of my newest art work. The line popped into my head after a real rough day at work where my section is being pressured by our boss who is being pressured by her boss to get revenues up. It is an never ending circle where everyone wants results but no one can take the time to realize what the problems really are. It is part of my frustration and the reason I just don't feel like accomplishing much once I get home. I'm worn out from the battles at work.

I decided this weekend though that I am going to work on some of my projects and get some things accomplished. I am battling anew the bronchitis and am starting round number two of the antibiotics. I did my shopping last night so I don't need to go outside of the house this weekend. I am tired of spending my weekends sleeping trying to get well so this weekend I want to do something.

I am in the mood to write this weekend and have a couple of stories in my series I've started, one of which will probably be finished before the weekend is up. The one I am working on explores the evil that we can do when we allow ourselves to be overcome by hatred for another person. I think one of the most frightening things about humans is their capacity for hatred. We only have to look at the headlines to see what that hatred leads to.

One of my personal projects over the last few years is to force myself to really examine my feelings towards others, especially those who have caused me pain. It hasn't been easy because it has brought up the pain again but I really wanted to challenge myself to overcome the negative feelings and teach myself I am capable of forgiveness. I have found that being human I do still struggle with those negative feelings but I find if I really look at the people that have caused me pain that I have discovered that they have problems and issues that they refuse to deal with that contribute to their behavior towards others. They are victims of their own refusal to deal with their lives. I decided that I am going to deal with mine and slowly I am changing into the type of person I want to be.

We may all be pawns in the game of life but even a pawn can cross the board of life and become a king. In my case though I want to cross the board and become a queen. She has the cooler moves in chess.

 

No comments: