Friday, November 9, 2007

Climbing

"There is no ladder to climb; there is only the first step, and the first step is the everlasting step." Krishnamurti

I saw my Doctor the other day. The pathologist's report showed no cancer. I've got a clean bill of health. To say I'm relieved is an understatement. There is still extensive bruising. My Doctor was shocked at how badly I bruised up. I am brick red from hip to hip. The pain from the incision is starting to heal. The main problem is still the swelling and gas build up. I'm able to get up and around more and more and the stairs aren't bothering me as much as they use to. Of course I still can't lift anything which is frustrating. It will be November 26th before I can go back to work.

I have spent the time off working on Christmas gifts. I am almost done with the calendar. Most of my gifts this year will have to be done on the computer in the form of art since I don’t have much money to buy gifts this year. My next big project after the calendar is to get the novel edited and printed. I have two "grandchildren" who are so anxious for that book. In addition my boy will get a copy of one of my dragon pictures. He is using it as a screensaver now so I figured a copy for his wall would be a nice gift.

I really like today's quote because it resonates with my life right now. It was really hard to get up and walk after surgery even though I knew I needed to. Sometimes that first step is the hardest. The picture is called Climb Any Mountain and I did it when I was living at my old place. It was a reminder to myself that you can climb any mountain if you take it one step at a time. Baby steps. I am reminding myself now that after the surgery I need to take baby steps and not over do things. I can get back to where I want to be if I take it one small step at atime.

The real counter is 6360.

No comments: