Monday, November 5, 2007

On the Road

"The soul is the home of all living beings; and from the soul all living beings derive their strengths." The Upanishads

It has been one week since my surgery and I am on the road to recovery. I'm still very sore and the stitches are pulling. There is still the problem of gas build up that really hurts while my insides try to figure out how to rearrange themselves to fill the area left void by the female plumbing's exit.

I am finding that I am doing a ton of art work. Unfortunately the new machine is kaput and needs to go into the computer doctor. It will be next week before my brother will do that for me since I can not lift. I am restricted to under 10 pounds which means I can pick up Pixie unless she gains another pound but not Merlin who is a husky fellow.

My old work horse machine has been happily churning away at art for me. It is taking longer to render of course but the results are the same since I put all the new programs on here as well as the new machine.

I was thrilled when I stepped on the scales this morning to find that I am at my lowest weight in almost 10 years. Finally those extra few pounds are starting to come off. I am hoping that I heal up enough to be able to go back to walking before the weather turns really cold. As is I will probably miss most of the leaf turning as far as pictures are concerned but I really need to get some winter pictures any way.

I have lately been starting to pay real attention to my health. I want to get back into shape as soon as I can and see what can be done to feel better. I need to exercise and I will probably use Tai-Chi to start with for the arthritis. I am also watching my diet and my weight. I discovered a great herbal cure for arthritis the other day. It is called Tiger Balm and I have been massaging it on my neck and shoulders at night and it is doing wonders for the stiffness. It is also great for headaches if you massage it onto the temples.

The picture is called Guardian of Health and was a logical addition to that series.

The real counter is 6339

No comments: