Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm Home

"The state of enlightenment is not some kind of a physical entity like a heavenly abode. It is the intrinsic quality of the mind revealed in its full positive potential." Dalai Lama

"The noblest moral law is that we should unremittingly work for the good of mankind." Mahatma Gandhi

I got home from the hospital late yesterday afternoon. It is so good to be able to sleep in my own bed. The surgery went well. They found three tumors inside the uterus and a fist size one growing on the outside of the uterus which was causing me all that pain. So once I heal up from the surgery I should be able to go back to doing a lot more things.

 

I was in the hospital longer then they first thought because I developed fluid on the lungs as a result of the COPD and they needed to treat it before it went into pneumonia. It looks like they caught it in time. There is also some pretty bad bruising around the incision area which is causing a lot of pain at the moment. The anesthesiologist botched up the taping down of the tube and as a result I have a bruised and swollen lip with sores on the inside of my mouth.

 

I found out I was allergic to morphine when I started breaking out and itching all over. They had to go to an alternate source of pain control. We also found out I can't tolerate ibuprofen in large doses. As Mom says it is a shorter list to tell them what I can take then to tell them what I am allergic too.

 

I will be out of work for two to three weeks but since my job doesn't not entail lifting of any kind I should be able to make it back fairly soon. That is good I have cats to support.

 

All in all things went well. Both cats are glad to see me home. Merlin whined the entire four days I was away and cuddles up next to me when I am trying to get some rest. I try and stay up as much as I can but because of the type of surgery (bikini cut) it hurts to sit up because of the pressure on the bruises.

 

I want to thank all of you for good wishes and prayers. It sure helped.

 

I redid one of my old pictures and the fact that it is called Going Home should say a lot for my state of mind this week. There is no place like home.

The real counter is 6326

No comments: