Saturday, November 22, 2008

So-So Saturday


“I have found that life persists in the midst of destruction and therefore there must be a higher law than that of destruction.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Another result of spiritual development, most useful in day-to-day life, is that it gives calmness and presence of mind. Our lives are in constant flux, bringing many difficulties. When faced with a calm and clear mind, problems can be successfully resolved.” Dalai Lama

My brother has finally gotten connected to the high-speed cable that I have enjoyed for a week. Of course he had to spend and extra $100.00 dollars while working with a tech in the Philippines and running back and forth between my computer and his to get it up and running. You would think with the kind of money they make on the routers that it would be free tech support wouldn’t you from here in the United States? And they wonder why our economy suffers. Too many companies out source to other countries rather then supporting our own people

Now of course I am stuck with trying to restore the settings on my computer to what I want. The idea that I may have preferences of my own were completely ignored in last night’s marathon to get his computer up and running so he has fast access to his Rush Limbaugh site. And yes I am not happy! I am getting real tired of his selfishness. Mom spent many hours cleaning his filthy room while he was down visiting his daughter and grandchildren. Her reward was he has the room all messed up again. He has hair dye all over everything in the bathroom. His mess is making its way out into the rest of the house.

I really dislike having to deal with selfish people. Their are too many people from the government on down who want their own way and the wants and needs of others don’t matter. No one cares about anyone else. It is all me, me, me!

I feel sorry for Obama. He has a giant mess to clean up and everyone expects him to be able to walk right in and fix everything up. I read an article the other day on how other countries expect Obama to be able to fix the American image abroad. He is one man but the expectations for him are staggering. So far he has been able to retain his calm and cool in the spotlight. I have been rereading his book The Audacity of Hope and I think that the essential goodness of this man will continue to shine through in his terms as President.

Now if someone could just figure out how to fix my brother I’d be really happy. In the meantime I will continue to be the main support for my Mother. I am the one she counts on for support in everything. I'll be going out into the cold shortly to get her shopping done for the week. She is my number one concern.

No comments: