Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote, Vote, Vote


“The Universe is God’s own shadow.” Ibn al’Arabi

“Human life is more precious than man-made boundaries.” Dalai Lama

I will be following the election results avidly tonight. I would like to get that Apple computer they are offering over at the Daily Kos for the person who gets the closest in their predictions of how the various races are going to come out.

I waited in line for 1-½ hours on Saturday to vote. I had never thought I would see the day when Indiana might go Democrat but we may see that tonight. A majority of the people there Saturday were talking about voting for Obama. In our little town the candidate signs are running three to one in favor of Obama. I have talked to Clinton supporters while waiting for my Doctor and they are supporting Obama. I have heard core Republicans in my office planning on voting for Obama. In some cases it seems that there will be votes not so much for Obama as votes against McCain/Palin. I heard one lady in my office say she had always voted Republican but she can’t wait to vote against Palin.

One thing this election has seen is a powerful upswing in people actually caring about it. That is something that people have been apathetic about in recent years. People actually care.
Get out and vote if you haven’t already. Remember you can only legitimately complain about your government if you actually participate by electing them.

No comments: