Saturday, November 1, 2008

Space


“Light and darkness creates an opposition, yet depend on each other just as the step taken by the right leg depends on the step taken by the left.” Sekito

“One of the most powerful visions I have experienced was the first photograph of earth from outer space. The image of a blue planet floating in deep space, glowing like the full moon on a clear night, brought home powerfully to me the recognition that we are indeed all members of a single family sharing one little house.” Dalai Lama

The fuzziness of the last few weeks has finally lifted and I no longer feel like I am in a fog. I hope it means that this infection is finally on its way out.

I plan on trying to do an early vote today on my way to doing the shopping for Mom. Other then that I will be working on the calendar. First up though will be some new art as I have this image in my mind that I need to translate into a picture.

I love the Dalai Lama quote for today. This is the only planet that we have and we must take care of it. There is only one race when you come down to it, the human race. We can be proud of our individual heritage, as I am proud of being Irish, Scottish and Cherokee. We also need to know that we are part of the bigger picture and that all men are our brothers and sister.


The picture is called Earth Rise.

No comments: