Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Cold Outside


“You have to stand against the whole world although you may have to stand alone.” Mahatma Gandhi

“For a better, happier, more stable and civilized future, each of us must develop a sincere, warmhearted feeling of brotherhood and sisterhood.” Dalai Lama

I finally got my computer back. The art computer died a couple weeks ago and I haven’t had the high speed Internet or the ability to do my best art. It has been a long week and a half. It cost close to $250.00 to get it repaired but it was worth it. It is spurring me to something I should have done a long time ago and I am actively exploring setting up the art business on line. I can then write off repairs etc. to business expenses. That is what I did when I lived in California. I just need a resale license out here.

I am still in a floating high from yesterday’s inauguration. I think Obama’s speech was absolutely beautiful. I hope that the people of this planet and our nation will accept the open hand and try and work with him to ensure peace and prosperity in our country and in the world. I was impressed how he hit the job running this morning with already contacting the leaders in the Middle East to try and help broker a lasting peace there.

Something happened at work today that has left me rather stunned. I mentioned a couple of months ago how a coworker had told me that she didn’t like the person she had become by trying to fit in with some people at work who to be blunt are not nice people. They are selfish and spend so much of their time trying to get other people in trouble. Today the lady told me that she had flat out told them she was not going to play their game. She did not like the way they had treated me and ganged up to try and get me in trouble. All it got them was my taking the time off to get well which left them doing my work as well as theirs. It really touched me that someone had come to my defense like that and I was deeply touched that she let me know.


It proves the old adage of what goes around comes around. I had always been nice to this woman and now the niceness is being returned. I wasn’t nice because I wanted something in return. I was just being myself. My nature is not one of being nasty although if pushed too hard I can explode. Generally though I try to get along with people. It is good to see this person returning to her true self. Shakespeare was right “too thine own self be true.” I may not be the best in the world but I am the best me that I can be. What you see is what you get.


No comments: